Re: [TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What am I missing....balun
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 10:01:22 -0500
Taping RG-393 is a good precaution and I would do the same if was using
that on an antenna where replacement would be difficult. I bought a used
antenna once and some RG-142 teflon coax with a tan jacket was still
attached. I am not sure how long it was outdoors but it looked in perfect
condition. As an experiment I had a piece of teflon coax outside and saw
no degradation after a couple of years so I think FEP is pretty tough.  I
do not understand the "will only last 15 minutes" comment.

John KK9A