Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna model

To: "'jimlux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna model
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:15:47 -0600
My son does a lot of antenna design and modeling for commercial spacecraft
antennas, and also other types of antennas, and he swears by 4nec2.  He is
real good with it.

On his last visit here he, just for fun, modeled my two wire antennas that
are strung between trees in the backyard (and cross each other) and he
produced an unbelievable set of charts and graphs, even including a few feet
of a "spiral' where a wire was hanging down at the end of one leg and the
weight to hold it straight down had fallen off.  (We concluded that there
wasn't much difference between the spiral and a straight piece of wire in
that particular spot, at least not enough to worry about).  He whipped all
this out in about an hour or so.

I ended up with more charts and graphs and 3D views than I knew what to do
with.   4nec2 is amazing, and it is free.

Wes Attaway (N5WA)
(318) 393-3289 - Shreveport, LA
Computer/Cellphone Forensics
AttawayForensics.com