[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex now Tashtosers.com

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex now Tashtosers.com
From: Gene K5GS <k5gs@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 10:19:48 -0700
Karl Tashjian worked for Tri-Ex for 15 years and signed off as a PE on their towers.

When Tri-Ex closed the doors the tooling was sold to Will-Burt a firm that makes military and commercial towers. Their intention was to add the ham market to their line, or so it seemed in the year 2001.

Will--Burt made a few Tri-Ex designed and Will-Burt re-engineered LM-470 towers. Their commercial / military upbringing shined through, the cost to build their redesigned foundation to PE certified specifications was at commercial levels. They delivered a few LM-470s with this new design and shortly afterwards quit the ham business.

There is a long and sordid story of a handful of people that were caught in the middle of the transition between Tri-Ex and Will-Burt, deposits paid, bases shipped - installed and no tower that would fit the old base design.

Fortunately for the ham community, Karl opened Tashjian Towers shortly after Will-Burt walked from the ham market. Karl sells a good product, Will-Burt too makes good products but I think they would have priced themselves out of the ham market early on.

Cheers,
Gene K5GS