[TowerTalk] Multi-Band End Fed Counterpoise

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multi-Band End Fed Counterpoise
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:43:30 -0400
All:

I have a multi-band end fed (see below) that I'd like to try on 80 and 40 meters. After reading W8JI's notes on 1/2 wavelength end-feds, it's clear that a counterpoise is needed; without it, the feed line ends up replacing the missing counterpoise which results in RF along the coax and into the shack.

My question is: would signal 40 and 80 meter counterpoise ( one for each band) be sufficient running above ground? It's not piratical to run the counterpoise in a radial pattern so I'd have to bunch them together and place them along the fence which runs perpendicular to the direction of the end fed antenna.

End Fed:  http://myantennas.com/wp/product/efhw-8010/

Thanks, Tony