Re: [TowerTalk] T-Base Drawing

To: Joe Partlow <joe.w6jwp@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T-Base Drawing
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 11:21:28 -0700
I've never seen a "T base drawing" (except what hams have done as a sketch by measuring one). As you note, they say this is proprietary, as are the tower section detail drawings. The tower specs show the foundation design and the base bolt pattern if that is what you need. These are on the UST web site, eg http://www.ustower.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/TMM-433HD.pdf

I just went around with Rohn re the mechanical properties for sections, and now they won't part with this either. How does a structural engineer get the data to do calcs?? I need 45, 55 and 65 numbers. "We've been copied" was the excuse, but that seems pretty ridiculous since there are no design details in that data. Any copies lurking out there? I have the 25 section data if a copy is needed.

Grant KZ1W