Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HDR300 Rotator - Brake Release Solenoid

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HDR300 Rotator - Brake Release Solenoid
From: Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 18:52:16 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks Patrick,
However, the solenoid coil is encapsulated. I've rewound stuff before but, this
is tiny (about 3/4" diameter x 1" long). At 32 Ohms DCR, that's REALLY tiny
wire that I don't have. I have since identified four possible solenoids from
Guardian Electric that *may* retrofit. And then, a TT person has offered to
supply the OE solenoid. Thanks Doug!
And in all this, Craig (Rotor Doc) has been most helpful with historical
information about the HDR300.
tnx es vy 73, Bryan WA7PRC