Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HDR300 Rotator - Brake Release Solenoid

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HDR300 Rotator - Brake Release Solenoid
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 14:35:37 -0500
Tiny wire... Encapsulated... Oh well. Glad you got some good news from other sources.

I remember many decades ago using a tungsten filament light bulb to heat the potting material on an old TV horizontal flyback Xfmr so I could unwind it to get the fine wire which was so fine it had a thread running with it to provide strength. Wrapped a paper towel tube with the wire, one layer, close wound, varnished it. Made secondary for an air core transformer to make a small batt op Tesla coil. Mad Scientist from an early age but not mad anymore just slightly upset. ;) ;)

Patrick        NJ5G