[TowerTalk] Wilson 3 el 40M

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wilson 3 el 40M
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:47:01 -0700
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:55:31 -0500
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
To: "'Michael Tope'" <W4EF@ca.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain 155CA dampening rope

Hi Mike,

I had heard in the past about the Wilson antennas needing to be optimized
but have not looked into it. I have had this thing in storage for several
years and have never had it up, bought it used.

Do you or anyone have any info on optimizing this thing. It is 3 full size
elements and has a 40 foot boom.

Thanks
Gary  K4FMX

##  Wilson yagis are not even close to reality...esp their full sized 40M eles.
Get somebody to re-run it through NEC-4.  W2PV had to lengthen
the  40m eles by a bunch....and it was a LOT more than a foot.

Jim  VE7RF