Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 07:01:59 -0700
Fire Department Jaws of Life?

On 7/22/2017 6:47 AM, Paul Christensen wrote:
Got a nasty situation here that needs some brain power to resolve.  Earlier
..

2) Use a telescoping hydraulic cylinder (a.k.a.  hydraulic ram jack) to push
the two J-bolts against each other since they are both leaning in by the
same amount.  What I don't know is how much adjusting precision I'll have
when expanding the cylinder.  Do these things move in very small increments?
What cannot occur is the cylinder "jerking" the bolts to anything beyond
1/8".  These cylinders are capable of pushing 30,000 lbs. and are typically
used on large earth-moving front loaders.

I'm open to any other ideas.

Paul, W9AC