Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adjustments to Tower Base Pier J-Bolts
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 22:33:15 -0400
Hmm. Crane operators that are used to stacking slip joint monopoles up
to 250' would smile at that.

Steve K8LX

On 7/22/2017 21:42 PM, Paul Christensen wrote:

I should also mention that after working with several crane
operators,
they
detest using their gear for any purpose other than to lift and place.
For example, they will not use the end of the boom for any pushing
action, nor do they like to swing the boom back & forth during
lifting action.   So, even if the tower base holes are close but
require a friction fit, that doesn't mean I can get a crane op to
lift the tower off the pier in the future for maintenance purposes.
That said, I'm inclined to ensure
there's
a free-fit between the J-bolts and the tower base.

Paul, W9AC