[TowerTalk] Cellphone signal boosters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cellphone signal boosters
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 05:32:46 -0700
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:17:18 -0400
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
To: <ve4xt@mymts.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cellphone signal boosters

<Kelly:

    < When I was working on a cellular project in Haiti in the early 2000's,
<we installed a totally passive repeater system to improve coverage for the
<President's palace to tide us over while we worked to build a cell site for
<the purpose.  The passive system had a Yagi mounted on a wooden pole and
<pointed at the closest "donor" cell*.  The Yagi's coax feed then went to an
<omni antenna a few feet below the Yagi and behind it (in the Yagi's pattern
<null.)  Apparently this combo worked well enough that we had time to build a
<full minicell for the area and had no further complaints from Mr. Aristide's
<folks.

<73 de
<Gene Smar  AD3F

##  passive repeater system !   Now that sounds like the ideal ticket.
2 ants, and one short coax between em.
I assume kellys  remote cottage is for 2-4 months in the summer time, like
June to Sept.  Folks go to summer cottages to....get away from it all,
but still, phone service of some type, for emergencies is a must.

Jim  VE7RF