[TowerTalk] Climbing advice

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing advice
From: Bob via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 22:33:11 -0400

Mike,

Looks like you have received a lot of good advice already. I am a retired
senior microwave technician and a U.S. Merchant Marine Radio Officer, I have
spent a lot of time on 130' towers with a spectrum analyzer and also performed
work on high masts, it seems it takes a while to get acclimated, I used to go
up 20 or 30 feet and relax and then go up some more and stop and get
comfortable and keep going. Back in the 1960's I bought a three legged
self-supporting tower that was about 83' high, I hired a so called jack of all
trades to disassemble it, he got at about the thirty foot mark and got the
"squirts", climbing is not for everybody-

Bob
K6OSM

In a message dated 8/6/2017 3:10:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,