Re: [TowerTalk] CORDLESS SOLDERING IRON

To: "Dale M. Schwartz" <dale@immlawfirm.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CORDLESS SOLDERING IRON
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 12:26:10 -0700
NO, & NO -- I have 2 of those battery irons, and had terrible luck using them on a tower -- matter of fact, I don't even know where they are right now! HIHIHI.. BUT -- I also have a butane iron, and it was more acceptable. The real way I was successful was to pull an extension cord up the tower and use a REAL soldering iron .. .. .. The hints about using a wind shield of some sort is a swell idea, too. If you are happy with crimping coax connectors, and have the proper tool, I would go with that! Worky worky -- 73 es DX -- Mark AA6DX

-----Original Message----- From: Dale M. Schwartz