Re: [TowerTalk] BUTANE SOLDERING TORCH

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BUTANE SOLDERING TORCH
From: Stan K2STN <k2stn@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 17:26:43 -0400
Gentlemen;

One thing I was cautioned about with those torch based soldering irons was fuel contamination.

Not all fuels are clean enough to keep the valve, nozzle and associated plumbing working.

Had one torch fail, full of a jelly like substance, the dealer said that it was the fuel's fault.

The Master fuel which goes with the torch you're talking about is supposed to be the cleanest out there.

I buy it from Grainger... but it's not cheap.

Stan