Re: [TowerTalk] BUTANE SOLDERING TORCH

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BUTANE SOLDERING TORCH
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 20:10:16 -0500
I take the Weller Portasol P2K on DXpeditions.  Works great.  Temperature is
adjustable to really hot (<400 F).  It has been allowed in my international
luggage.  No need to carry additional butane, as it is quite efficient.

Soldering on the tower requires patience.  Any wind condition more than a
slight breeze is usually futile, unless you have some sort of cover to
shield your work.

I also have the Weller Pyropen WPA2.  It is used for bigger jobs such as
soldering PL259 coax braid holes.  It is quite a bit larger.

73, Keith NM5G