Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base rotated 5 to 10 degrees off correct bearings

To: K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Base rotated 5 to 10 degrees off correct bearings
From: Bob via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 08:52:28 -0400

_K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net_ (mailto:K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net)   writes:

>From my point of view there are only two acceptable solutions which I
believe have been mentioned individually.
EITHER dig a new hole, or use a  pier pin base. The preferable is the
pier pin base, but does take more care  up to the first set of guys.  The
other is to dig a new  hole.

The rotation is out of spec and modifications are usually  inadvisable.

If the tower in  question were either R-25, R-45-, R-55, the fix could be
fairly simple it seems.
There are readily  available base plates for the above towers, and beacon
plates for the  same.
One could simply mate  the two together, drilling new holes to join them
together to allow for the  correction factor.
Maybe even a 'home made' plate with leg pegs welded in place by a competent
 source, painted/galvanized would be a far easier job than the other
solutions.
Good luck and let us know the final decision.
73
Bob  _ww4t@aol.com_ (mailto:ww4t@aol.com)