Re: [TowerTalk] Broadbanding 80 meter dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadbanding 80 meter dipole
From: Dan Maguire via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 02:28:17 +0000 (UTC)
Grant KZ1W wrote:
>>> The ARRL Antenna Handbook has a number ways to broadband a dipole, several
>>> probably difficult as noted.  One not in the current handbook is the
>>> Witt/Leeson tuned coaxial resonator feed method, see ...

And Jim K9YC followed up with:
>>> I included the technique in a talk I did some years ago on using SimSmith
>>> to design antenna matching networks.

This broadbanding technique came up a few years ago here on TowerTalk and was
used as the basis for an AutoEZ modeling study.  See the fourth bullet here

http://ac6la.com/aecollection5.html

and be sure to note the caveat raised by Steve Hunt, G3TXQ, at the end showing
why this technique won't work in some situations.

Dan, AC6LA
http://ac6la.com/