Re: [TowerTalk] Direct Burial Of Coax (Was "A Dumb Question")

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Direct Burial Of Coax (Was "A Dumb Question")
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 10:49:34 -0400
No doubt partly due to the fact that the cables can sit in water forever with no issues.

-Steve K8LX

On 8/28/2017 8:55 AM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
This "drain hole" thing is always so laughable. It is a unique idea
to the ham community. Holes let water in as well as out and there is
no reason to worry about water ingress if ordinary care in taken in
conduit installation.

There are literally millions of miles of buried conduit in the world
with no "drain holes" and there is no epidemic of water issues.

Al AB2ZY ________________________________________ From: TowerTalk
<towertalk-bounces@contesting.com> on behalf of Dick's
<rcblumen@centurylink.net> Sent: Monday, August 28, 2017 8:41 AM To:
Tom Hellem Cc: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk]
Direct Burial Of Coax (Was "A Dumb Question")

I stand corrected. I think you folks are correct. My idea of burying
coax in sand and protecting it with plastic trim boards is not as
good as laying the coax in perforated pvc pipes that have drain holes
over pea gravel. Both are as effective in the short run, but with the
pipe you can always replace the coax or add another line if you
pre-ran a string or rope with the coax.

Dick, K0CAT