Re: [TowerTalk] Direct Burial Of Coax (Was "A Dumb Question")

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Direct Burial Of Coax (Was "A Dumb Question")
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 11:46:53 -0400
I never use "drain" holes. I have never noticed wet cables when fishing
more cables into the conduit and it's not full of soil that could work its
way through these holes.

John KK9A

From:   Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date:   Mon, 28 Aug 2017 12:55:36 +0000

This "drain hole" thing is always so laughable. It is a unique idea to the
ham
community. Holes let water in as well as out and there is no reason to worry
about water ingress if ordinary care in taken in conduit installation.

There are literally millions of miles of buried conduit in the world with no
"drain holes" and there is no epidemic of water issues.

Al
AB2ZY