Re: [TowerTalk] rotating tower or stack : rpm

To: "Richard Riley" <Richard.Riley@tango.hr>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotating tower or stack : rpm
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 14:33:58 -0400
Richard,

I have a 147' R55 rotating tower with 5 monobanders for 15 - 40 as well as a rotary 80 meter dipole at the top. I had concerns about momentum but have to say it really hasn't proved to be a problem. I am using the standard 1HP DC motor that comes with the K0XG system - along with a standard contactor switch box driven by a GH/K0XG controller. I had considered going with a DC drive for this arrangment - they're available on line for less than $100 for this HP rating and voltage and would provide complete ramp up and down times (adjustable). But now feel it isn't necessary.

Gary
K9RX

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Riley