Re: [TowerTalk] Wet swamp for TX455 USTower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wet swamp for TX455 USTower
From: bear <bear@bearlabs.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 10:47:42 -0400
Yep,

Thanks to decades of Moe & Ron moving up and out from New Yawk Sheety, the "average homeowner" *imports* their ideas, values and government from the most populated and
controlled areas.

(Having said that, I came out of that place, but the last thing I wanted to do was to import
that morass up here...)

ALSO, there is an extra-governmental PUSH to adopt "uniform codes" everywhere. A few decades ago there was a MAJOR push for the "Greenway" thing. Which, of course, sounds "wonderful". And, on a surface level it IS, as it provided for perpetual continuous corridors of "green" from NYC north. Behind that lies the problem that it cedes the landrights to an extra-governmental authority, based in the UN, ALL CONTROL of said lands, superior in right to the State Government - at least according to the agreement. Just about all of the
towns, counties approved this.

The town I live in "updated" their town codes about 15 years back. They "hired a consultant", who used the same boiler plate set of ordinances that every other friggin town has now.
Where did this "consultant" arise from? Thin air??

Well, that ship has long sailed, unfortunately.

                            _-_-bear