Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting s

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting strangely: Help?
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 20:52:10 -0400
Doug,

Heliax uses closed cell foam so the dielectric itself doesn't wick moisture, but there are voids between the dielectric and shield that can wick water. You must ensure a seal at the ends of corrugated hardline if you want a long life feedline.

Did you place the dummy load right at the end of the Heliax, or at the end of the top jumper?

-Steve K8LX