Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting s

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting strangely: Help?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 21:16:50 -0700
On 10/15/2017 3:59 PM, kr2q@optimum.net wrote:
I was wondering why I did not get any follow up emails to my original.

I slept through it. Sorry. First suggestion is to do a good TDR on the line. If you don't own instrumentation to do it, cast about among local techie types for someone to bring his instrument over and do the measurement. This will tell you the location of all splices and of any other faults.

Second suggestion is to bite the bullet and 1) learn what connectors are needed for the line you have, 2) buy them, and 3) install them. Here's a short applications note sharing some things I learned  going through this exercise in my station several years ago. All of my hard line is scrounged, and from multiple sources.

http://k9yc.com/HardLine.pdf

73, Jim K9YC