Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding connection to tower legs

To: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Grounding connection to tower legs
From: "Charles Gallo" <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 16:25:59 -0400
On Mon, October 16, 2017 2:27 pm, Gary Schafer wrote:

>Never use braid

I keep seeing this said.  I think we need to define braid

When I was a kid, I used to hang out at a barn that had an extensive, and
very very OLD "Lightning rod" system, and it had "braided cable" running
to the ground

The reason I use quotes was this braid was made out of what (from 40 year
old memories) was about 16-18 gauge strands, and a LOT of them, the braid
when in an oval was about 2.5 inches wide, and 1 thick, and as a teen, I
know we could not bend it aside to pain under it

Basically it was BIG FAT litz wire