[TowerTalk] Some Unique Heavy Lifting....

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Some Unique Heavy Lifting....
From: Kurt Andress <andresskurt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:21:16 -0800
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 13:02:11 -0500
From: "Keith Dutson"<kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
To: "Tower Talk"<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Some Unique Heavy Lifting....

<Those videos are a real treat to those of us who have been up the tower.

<I have a two element, full size 75-80 (tunable) two element Yagi, still in
<the box.  The elements are made of aluminum tower sections.  It will be
<installed at only 120 feet, so I plan to use a crane.

<73, Keith NM5G

##  are you sure those full size 80m eles  will handle any amount of wind ?
Who made the yagi ?   You are very close to the coast, so I assume you have no
ice or snow loading.   Ever seen a full size 80m REF loaded up with heavy wet
snow,
thats something to see.

Jim   VE7RF

After much pain and suffering, we have immutable proof that things this large &
designed properly can survive on mountain tops with ice & snow.....
of course, your mileage will vary, depending on the engineering/budget
decisions you chose to make!
73, Kurt