Re: [TowerTalk] guage of wire for 500 watt antenna?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guage of wire for 500 watt antenna?
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 08:41:05 -0700
HRO sells a stealth antenna wire.  I used it for our RCV pennant at V3M.  It is super lightweight.  Multi-stranded.  I suspect it would handle the 500 watts ok.  I used a 40/80/160 antenna trapped and it was made with 14 GA and it was pretty heavy.

Where are you staying?  Even near the beach we had a good sized tree that we tossed the Dipole over.

W0MU