Re: [TowerTalk] Kohler home generator hash?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Kohler home generator hash?
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 07:33:03 -0500
Interesting post, I never knew that this existed. I have heat pumps so
there are compressor motors starting all year long.

John KK9A

From:   Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date:   Mon, 15 Jan 2018 20:10:59 -0600

FWIW, we have a small General 14 kW NG air-cooled generator with a manual
transfer switch.

As an aside, we had trouble starting our air conditioner units with it (4
ton and a 2 1/2 ton units). The start current requirements were well
beyond what it could reliably handle. But,last summer I installed some
true soft-start modules (made in Australia). The difference was
staggering: I can now start both units simultaneously without problem on
generator power and lights no longer dim when the units start on
commercial power.

Kim N5OP