[TowerTalk] Teflon Coax with Center That's NOT SCCCS?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Teflon Coax with Center That's NOT SCCCS?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 14:59:06 -0800
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 22:13:07 -0800
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>

<All the 0.195-in o.d. TFE coax cables I can find have a center conductor
that is silver-coated copper-coated steel. This is fine above HF, but
it's not great for 160M and 80M, where the steel is contributing to loss.

Can anyone point me to a 50 ohm TFE 0.195-in o.d. cable whose center is
NOT coated steel?

Likewise, they all have a solid center with a 2-in bend radius. Anyone
know of one with a smaller bend radius?

73, Jim K9YC

##  have u actually measured the loss, on a CM choke, using the typ lengths
of coax used,  say on 160 + 80M ??   I mean like using a wattmeter on each end.
I have not done this, but am set up to do so.    RG-303 is what I have right
now,
so will try it some time on 160-80-40 m...since I use it for line isolators,
which means
coax connectors on each end of the box, so testing for loss  would be a simple
matter.

##    RG-400  has no steel...and is what u want, only game in town.
RG-142 does have steel, as does the bigger  RG-304
and a few other teflon coax cables.  RG-393 has no steel either, but its huge
vs  RG-400.
RG-304 is .280 OD, and a 14.5 gauge center conductor, but has the steel core.
RG-304 is very hard to obtain new, its not made, unless special ordered.   They
dont
make a NON steel  version of it either.

Jim   VE7RF