Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Square Hole or Round Hole for Self Supporter?

To: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>, Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Square Hole or Round Hole for Self Supporter?
From: Fred Keen via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 17:51:16 +0000 (UTC)
My Ryerson book is not handy, but there is some serious weight in a wide
flange, say 8' or 10" web that is 20'0 long. And then there is consideration
for the "fixed to ground" part.

Fred KC5YN

    On Friday, January 26, 2018 9:41 AM, Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
wrote:

 Sure, outriggers work on trailer mounted crank-ups or pneumatic masts.
Enough stiffness/strength in the outrigger and long enough and the need
for mass or a hole in the ground goes away.

Grant KZ1W