Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 13:05:58 -0700
I happen to be a real estate agent and while many are just a step above <insert your least favorite occupation here>  I think that classifying us all as bad is unfair.

You are buying the most expensive thing in your life or selling it.  So you need to interview agents and do you research.  The neighbor up the hill from me used her hair dresser.  Guess how that went?  Not well.  My neighbor got hosed.  I think some of the blame needs to go the the buyers and sellers for picking the wrong agent and I have had plenty that just ignore good solid advice.

Never believe anything until you see it in writing.  Period.

I sold land and mentioned that on old maps that there were springs in the area.  Never did I say there were any springs on the property they bought or that there were any working springs at all.  A few years later I was confronted about no springs.  People will hear what they want to hear.  In this case the husband agreed with what I said.  Not that there was any consideration of a lawsuit.    I am very very careful about what I say any more. Water wells and flow and depth are another huge issue.  Just because I got water does not mean you will.  People have a hard time with that.

Back to radio