Re: [TowerTalk] vertical feedpoint and phased verticals

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical feedpoint and phased verticals
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:11:38 -0600
Eclerity doesn’t want me to send this to Jim Lux for some reason, so putting
this out there:

When one has created a full-wave loop and has cut a matching line to 1/4wl*vf,
where should a common-mode choke be installed? At the feed point of the
antenna? At the junction between the matching line and remainder of feedline?
If at the antenna, does the choke effect the matching line’s length?

Any ideas? I’ve only ever seen designs that ignored a choke.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone