Re: [TowerTalk] LDF 7-50 worth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LDF 7-50 worth
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 11:36:41 -0800
Capacitance may not yield the answer unless the measurement is at very low frequency. Better to use an antenna analyzer that has a good TDR function.

73, Jim K9YC

On 2/28/2018 8:18 AM, Shane Youhouse wrote:
Good morning everyone!

Simple question here.  I have two sections of LDF 7-50 (1 5/8") Heliax here
on the spool.  One has LC connectors on both ends, the other no connectors.

Still coiled up on the Andrews spool.  I don't want to unroll it to find
length, but have access to an end to do a capacitance measurement for
length (couple hundred feet maybe, it has multiple wraps on the spool, 2/3
full).

Someone asked if i wanted to sell it:  Surely!  But what is it worth?

Located in Bakersfield, Ca.  Yes, I would be interested in trades of one
sort or another.

Reply directly or off list.  Looking for offers, opinions, jump in a lakes,
whatever. :-)

(has been stored in storage facility almost it's entire life.  Purchased by
a defunct fm radio station I subsequently bought)

--Shane
KD6VXI