Re: [TowerTalk] pultruded/polygon rod

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pultruded/polygon rod
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 13:03:44 -0800
On 3/6/18 10:52 AM, Tim Duffy wrote:
Hello Steve

At one time I used polygon rod on all my towers. After having a polygon rod
break (mid span) I have started the conversion process to Phillystran for
all of my tower guys.

Even under the best of circumstances Polygon rod must be replaced every 6 to
8 years due to the fragmenting of the fiberglass (the UV model).

73

was your polygon rod claimed to be UV inhibited?

One big difference between guywire duty and my structural stuff is that the guywires see a lot of oscillatory loads, both in tension, and transverse. That might aggravate degradation.