Re: [TowerTalk] 12V through coax to switch antennas remotely

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 12V through coax to switch antennas remotely
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 11:08:22 -0400
Being the original "inventor" of this circuitry, I can attest to using 2.5 mh
chokes for low bands.
For multi band use, I suggest TWO stages at each end, with two chokes, one 2.5
and one 100, as you noted.
Bypass caps of .001 seem adequate in all positions.
The coupling/isolating caps of .05 work well at both ends.
If building your own, remember to place electrolytic caps and reverse diodes
across each relay.
With good design before you begin, you will have little trouble getting things
to work as it should.
Remember, there are FOUR states:
No voltage
Poitive voltage