Re: [TowerTalk] 12V through coax to switch antennas remotely

To: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 12V through coax to switch antennas remotely
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 12:24:13 -0700
At some frequency above SRF the inductor starts to behave more as a capacitor due to its parasitic capacitance. I use a VNWA to measure SRF which has some pitfalls (or the Bourns spec) but for this application is close enough. I think in the old days a grid dip meter loosely coupled would find it close enough. Several other techniques and instruments also work, google it.
https://www.analogictips.com/when-inductors-self-resonate/

Grant KZ1W