Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Vertical Radials

To: Dan Maguire <danac6la@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding Vertical Radials
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 07:46:17 -0700
Dan,

Correct, I measured the currents and wanted to see the pattern distortion that resulted, after reading concerns about current asymmetry.

Previously, I modeled very simplified towers northwest of the vertical (3 towers) affect on the pattern and found they were acting as reflectors and shifting the pattern about 1.2db to favor the southeast. The radial current asymmetry is a 0.4db influence in the opposite azimuth. Luck.

Developing a model for the steel building 56' x 70' x 14' is easier now with not yet tried tools in EZNEC 6. However, how to model a Ufer perimeter foundation as the ground is tbd for me. Any advice?

Grant KZ1W

PS any chance you are at SeaPac now?