Re: [TowerTalk] LDF4-50 heliax

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LDF4-50 heliax
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:48:36 -0700
I recently found 800' LDF4 and 300' FSJ4 and two spools of #2 solid from a cell tower contractor changing his business so it pays to check Craigslist. In spite of "in stock" advertising I've never found LDF5 anywhere except in ham garages. So I had to buy AVA5 at $3/ft after careful shopping. The import knock offs are cheaper, but I have no opinion about their quality or longevity.

Tessco is one source for tower stuff I use.

Note how larger diameter full reels can be cheaper than 7/8: http://www.wiredirect.net/coaxial-cable/ If you can stand working with it.

Grant KZ1W