Re: [TowerTalk] LDF4-50 heliax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LDF4-50 heliax
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:02:53 -0400
On 6/13/18 11:48 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> I recently found 800' LDF4 and 300' FSJ4 and two spools of #2 solid from
> a cell tower contractor changing his business so it pays to check
> Craigslist.  In spite of "in stock" advertising I've never found LDF5
> anywhere except in ham garages.  So I had to buy AVA5 at $3/ft after
> careful shopping.

RFS LCF 7/8 cable is great stuff.  I bought the last I used about 3 years back
for 1.92/ft new.  It's now 2.12/ft from tessco.  Connectors are like $25/each
for N male.

I truly don't see the point in buying used cable for anything more than
.50/ft.  It's a huge risk that it's been mishandled or stored improperly.
I've been bitten with used cable that appeared great once, which wasn't caught
until after it was installed.  My time was worth more than the $300 saved on a
few hundred feet of used cable.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice