Re: [TowerTalk] Professional attachment hard line to Rohn tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Professional attachment hard line to Rohn tower
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 22:02:15 -0400
For LDF4 I just use heavy-duty Panduit Cable Ties (not the cheap big box
store type).  For LDF5, I use a mixture of cable ties and the split plastic
click on hangers that Commscope makes. I have to go around multiple ring
rotators so my installation is a little tricky. There are click-on-brackets
for sale on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-BOX-10-ANDREW-L5CLICKB-LDF5-CLICK-ON-HANGER-KIT-F
OR-7-8-COAX-10-PER-BOX/201023588068?hash=item2ecdf086e4:g:aV0AAOxy4dNS3XZb .
You also have to purchase tower brackets to screw these to plus hardware.
They hold quite well and do not damage the cable.

John KK9A

From: CEPitts <cpitts@ec.rr.com>

Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 16:03:18 -0400

Want to attach 1/2" and or 7/8" hard line to Rohn tower specifcally Rohn 55
on one tower face horizontal brace or the tower leg and  want to know if
anybody has done this with brackets or some sort of attachments from a 3rd
party manufacturer of said brackets or hardware? A search of the Rohn
catalog did not seem to reveal any sort of hardware available from them.

Has anybody else found a source for such a thing and a fairly easy efficient
install for running the hard line up the tower? Similar to the neat
arrangement we all see on commercial installs such as cell sites, etc.

I can go with the old standby of 33 tape, black ties wraps etc. however if
possible I would like to install the clamping material to hold the hard line
securely in place as it goes up the tower and be done with it.

Thanks Charles K5OF