Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling

To: Bruce Jungwirth <k0son@frontiernet.net>, Tower Talk <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Modeling
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 17:18:12 -0700
On 7/11/2018 10:52 AM, Bruce Jungwirth wrote:
I’m looking for someone in or around St Paul Mn that is fluent in EZNEC. My current
wire Antenna has been up for over 20 years and needs to be replaced. I would like to put
up something that I can use on at least 160,80,& 40. No high trees here, I will need
to use flag poles for support (25 or 30 ft), so antenna will be NVIS. If you can help me,
contact me off list.
Thanks,
Bruce K0SON

It isn't clear from your posting whether you want NVIS,
or are commenting that you are stuck with it.  If you
don't actually want NVIS, then it seems like a 43
foot vertical with a remote base tuner fills the bill.
You apparently have room for radials, if you have room
for a 210 foot dipole.  You can buy everything you need
off the shelf, no modeling.

It will also cover 60 meters, and other bands.

BTW, NVIS doesn't apply on 160 meters AFAIK.

Rick N6RK