Re: [TowerTalk] Towers near airports

To: hoelzlechris@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towers near airports
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 15:36:02 -0400
Chris: What you can do is file an FAA 7460-1 form. The FAA will evaluate
and make a determination on your specific installation. If you intersect
the glide path, you have to file the form. They may determine your project
is not a hazard to navigation and you are good to go. They may recommend
lighting and/or marking (in which case, while the FAA recommends, the FCC
will require it). You probably have to register the tower with the FCC. I
recommend you use a surveyor to determine coordinates and elevations. If
you do it yourself, the FAA will still evaluate your proposal, but may add
a few feet if not done by a surveyor. --Mike, WV2ZOW