Re: [TowerTalk] Equalizer plate dimensions

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Equalizer plate dimensions
From: David Aslin G3WGN <david@aslinvc.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 17:36:33 +0000
Understood John.  The tower is an industrial version of a Versatower, the most
common tower type in UK.  All Versatowers are guyed.
The particular towers I have are trailer mounted for temporary cell-site use,
made I believe for France Telecom. They are much larger than the typical skinny
Versatowers that are usually available here.  There are guy points on all
sections.

Perhaps an engineer can explain to me the reasoning behind the use of equalizer
plates.  It makes intuitive sense to me that under wind stress conditions,
since on a crank up tower the relative positions of the sections and hence the
guying points on the tower will move relative to each other, that this relative
movement is compensated somehow. But intuition can be wrong.
73, David G3WGN  M6O