Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice

To: <tommy@k6ye.com>, <Gary@ka1j.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice
From: "Jim" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 18:42:59 -0500
Which capacitor?  There are several.

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message-----
From: TowerTalk [mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of
tommy@k6ye.com
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 11:56 AM
To: Gary@ka1j.com
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com

Gary,

My choice would be the Yaesu G-2800DXA with a Green Heron RT-21 controller.
I originally had a Tailtwister but they are notorious for the capacitor in
the controller going bad. As a replacement, I opted for the Yaesu and have
never regretted the selection. I have relocated and in the process of
getting a tower up and that combination will be my prime choice. Good luck
in your endeavor.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE
DX IS and CW RULES