Re: [TowerTalk] supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with trusses

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with trusses
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:44:01 -0400
KI7M was looking for suggestions for trussing rotatable dipole.

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
Subject:        Re: [TowerTalk] FW: supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with
trusses
From:   W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date:   Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:30:05 -0600
=
There are detailed plans that turn a 2 ele XM240 or the earlier version
into a Moxon.  I recall that it was pretty straight forward.  You can
raise the antenna about 30ft or whatever is easiest in the air and check
it.  The SWR curve will move when raised to full height.

W0MU

From:   terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date:   Mon, 13 Aug 2018 16:40:04 -0700 (PDT)

Been working on my 40 meter rotatable dipole I plan to put up at 124 feet or
so. But I'm worried about making sure whatever I come up with to fix the
3/16"
dacron truss lines to the elements out about 20' or so are secure. Dealing
with
the DXE tubing when it gets down below 1" or so I don't want anything too
heavy. Also don't want to drill and weaken the dipole. I actually came up
with
some 'rings' from Wilco just about the right size that would slip over the
0.5", 0.625", 0.750" to I believe the 0.875". There I could use 1/2"-1 1/4"
hose clamps to make sure the ring doesn't slip further up. Just the dacron
wrapped around the ring might be enough to keep that from happening but I
don't
trust it.

I'm not sure I could trust just using the hose clamps to hold the dacron line
but I don't want to drill and weaken the tubing in any way.

Any better idea? You can see a few pictures of what I'm building on my
QRZ/KI7M
page.

Terry

KI7M