Re: [TowerTalk] FW: supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with trusses

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Matt <maflukey@gmail.com>, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FW: supporting a 40 meter rotatable dipole with trusses
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 12:59:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again,

Checking my stock of parts I find I have (2) 2" X 6' X 0.120" Thick wall
aluminum; (2 or more) 1.750" X 6' X 0.120" TW AL; (2) 1.500" X 6' X 0.120" TW
AL. The reason I did not build the antenna with this larger stuff was finding
some kind of insulating boom-to-mount at a reasonable cost. I do also have DXE
fiberglass tubing (1) 2" X 8'; (2) 1.5" X 8'. Then some smaller pieces. Making
the B-to-M clamp will be the biggest problem but there is a place in town I
found I could possibly come up with some aluminum plates to do the job. I would
like to use two plates and make a pivot joint so the dipole can be rotated down
to reach the resonance adjustment slip joint or coil/tap/whatever.

Terry
KI7M