[TowerTalk] Alpha Spid - Coax to antenna

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alpha Spid - Coax to antenna
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 13:23:15 -0400
Folks,

Just to make this a separate thread from
the coax loop one;

For those who have Alpha Spid rotors and
route your coax through the rotor, how do
you handle that? There seems to be no need
for a coax loop? My non-hardline coax is
all the Wireman's 1000CQ106 which is the
same as Belden 9913F7 except this has 19
strand center conductor and is quite
flexible.

I'll be running this through the rotor so
it will come out of the top of the mast.
I'm assuming the 180 degree rotation each
way will not be an issue considering how
it will have from the bottom of the rotor
to the top of the mast to spread that
rotation.

Do you do anything at the top of the mast
to keep pressure minimal where the coax
bends to go back down the mast, to the
boom? I was thinking of using a few turns
of Gorilla tape to hold the loop in place
to the mast, not wanting to use a wire
tie, thinking it would compress the coax
at that point.

73,

Gary
KA1J