[TowerTalk] Rotor Loop Coax - Original poster

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Loop Coax - Original poster
From: Terry Brown <n7tb@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 09:20:41 -0800
Hello All,

I want to thank all of you who have responded to me privately and on this forum
regarding my original post.  I have learned far more from you than I ever
thought possible regarding suitable coax for my rotor loop.   I am always
amazed that so many people are willing to take their valuable time to help
answer questions.

I sold my home in Corvallis, OR in August 2017. My tower and beam came down in
April 2017.  I have been using wire antennas since. Being primarily a CW op,
that has helped.  I moved into my new home on a hill in Salem, OR in May and
have been going through the process of getting approval from the county to
Re-erect my tower on a smaller scale.  That approval has FINALLY occurred and I
am so glad to be able to get a beam back up. I have had a new beam sitting in a
box waiting since early June.   It is amazing how much I have missed being able
to work them if I could hear them on 100 watts or less.

Even so,  I am currently in Alaska staying at a remote cabin on battery power.
(in town now.)  I am using an EFHW 40-10 sloper and 10watts from my KX2 and
able to work quite a few stations in the Lower 48 on CW.  This has been a
reminder that even though I have missed my tower and beam,  they are not
necessary to enjoy our wonderful hobby!

Thanks again for all the help!

Very 73,s

Terry , N7TB/KL7