[TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax

To: tony.kaz@verizon.net, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor loop coax
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 11:13:55 -0400

>  Had some noise generated on 160M during a breeze. I am shunt feeding the
>tower. Used a 1.5" tinned braided strap attached to the mast right below the
>top plate of the tower and clamped to a tower leg. Left enough slack for mast
>rotation. That quieted down the noise.

    Braided strap is the worst thing you can use for grounding. First, it
deteriorates over time and secondly the individual strands will corrode which
means that there won't be any strand-to-strand electrical connection. The only
electrical connection will be from one end of the strand to the other end of
the strand. Commercial grounding kits all use insulated wires.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH