Re: [TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555
From: Chuck Tifft via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 12:32:56 -0700
The real strain is on the tilt over fixture when the tower is not fully retracted. No big deal for the top section.

W6RD

On 8/26/2018 8:14 AM, Kent Olsen wrote:
Phil

I considered the BigRak for my HDX572. My concerns were it would not fit
completely inside the tower like you. My biggest concern was tilting the
tower over to work on the antenna. With the top section not completely
nested you are putting a lot of strain on the smallest section of the tower
when tilted over. Will it hold? I dont know.

I went with the M2 Orion 2800 rotor. It fits in the tower completely. It
has been up for 3 years with a SteppIR DB36 with a NN4ZZ tilt plate. This
is a very heavy combo, I have not had a bit of trouble.

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT