Re: [TowerTalk] looking for documentation and parts for tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] looking for documentation and parts for tower
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 09:48:43 -0700
On 9/1/2018 7:04 PM, Jim wrote:
There never was Rohn 35. It kinda got that name because dimensionally is in
between 25 and 45.

Right. I have five sections of it supporting small monoband antennas for 20 and 15. One section is 4 ft into the cement base. Dimensions are scaled up from Rohn 25. I don't climb, but the guy who built and rigged it said the wider sides made it easier to climb. We poured a substantial base, and his judgement after climbing it was that it didn't need guying. I'm out in the country and there's nothing the tower can hit if it falls, so I've taken his advice.

73, Jim K9YC